Monday 14 February 2022

The Sirius/XM Kiada or, Dealing with the Skanks at Sirius/XM

 

I bought a new car in November of 2019. Like many if not most new cars these days it had a satellite capable radio in it and as a consequence I had, for six months time, "free" Sirius/XM in the car.

At first I liked the service. When I drove down from Albany to work in Oneonta it was rather nice to have crystal clear satellite commercial free radio for the length of the hour or so drive. When I retired from SUNY Oneonta, however, and once I had to pay for Sirius/XM, the cost and the limited amount of driving I did outweighed the positive aspects of the network. I thus cancelled Sirius/XM.

As companies like Sirius tend to do, they gave me a deal and I resubscribed for a year. When renewal came up once again this January, however, I cancelled my service when Sirius would not give me a radio that I didn't have to pay a $15 charge simply for them to ping and activate it. 

Sirius, however, did not go away and it still has not disappeared from my car radio as I hoped. While I do not get Sirius audio I still get three Sirius channels, let's call them ghost or shadow channels, on my car radio. Whenever I change my car radio channels these three channels come up and on each occasion force me to click on a pop up menu that asks me to call an 800 number and resubscribe to Sirius. Not only is this dangerous as no one should be clicking on a pop up menu while driving just to change the radio, but I can't believe it is legal. It certainly is capitalist skanky and slaggy and I am sure Sirius is more than aware of what they are doing. It is an economic strategy.

I tried contacting Sirius by chat twice but they were utterly unhelpful and incompetent or perhaps guided by that mantra of skank and slag capitalism of do everything you can and everything you are ordered to do to keep a customer on the hook. I thus contacted the New York state attorney general and hope to hear if they can do something about the slaggy and skanky Sirus/XM.

One thing is for sure, thanks to this skanky and slaggy behaviour of Sirius/XM I will never subscribe to Sirius/XM again. By the diseased fruit of their skanky and slaggy behaviour, they have lost me as a customer forever. They can offer me the home radio for free if they want but at this point they would have to pay me for two years for me to resubscribe to Sirius/XM in the future. A pox on them.

Let this be a warning...


No comments:

Post a Comment