Thursday 3 February 2022

The CVS Caremark Kiada or CVS Caremark Sucks...

The CVS Caremark Silver Script saga continues…

Back in early December CVS Caremark (which New York state has given the contract for the New York retiree health care sytem to) changed my Advair 250/50, which along with Advair 500/50 I have been using since the mid-1990s and which were heretofore covered by my health insurance, to the generic Fluticasone Propionate 250/50. I took it and immediately I had an allergic reaction to it. Eventually, I was able to get Advair but since the reaction lasted for over a month I am not sure the medicine I should have been given in the first place did me much good. I have had chest tightness and breathing problems ever since.

Then in January CVS Caremark changed my Advair 500/50, which I was prescribed because of the health problems that resulted from the generic Fluticasone, to Wixela. Why? It was all about, as it always is for these corporate types, Mammon. What happened? I had another allergic reaction which sent me back to what had been happening for over a month, intense chest tightness and breathing problems.

So, what was the result of all these CVS Caremark actions? I have been going to doctors, urgent clinics, Accident and Emergencies, doctors, doctors, and more doctors ever since.

I went back to to the doctor a couple of times since for these same problems. A nurse practitioner I saw called good old CVS Caremark to confirm coverage for medications they were contemplating prescribing for me to deal with the problems CVS Caremark created in the first place. Bizarrely, CVS Caremark doesn’t, for some reason, cover the Advair 500/50 discus though they cover the 250/50. So much for consistency. They told my doctor that they did cover the Adviar puffer.

That claim turned out to be inaccurate unless they mean a $60.00 per pop for something I usually pay $5 a month for means covered. As a consequence, I did not get it. I will continue to use the discus 250/50 Advair. It wasn't until March after going off Advair for a week that I finally started to feel better. I still have occasional tightness in my chest but it isn't like it was. My experience suggests this crap is standard operating practise at CVS Caremark. I have, as a response, given CVS Caremark its third strike. 

So, what does this third strike for CVS mean? It means I want CVS Caremark to forward a one time only payment of $20,000 dollars to me for pain, suffering, and a host of health care costs. It means that in the long term I would like CVS Caremark's contract with New York state to provide elderly care for its retirees ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment