Wednesday 22 December 2021

The Pharmacy Insurance Kiada, parts 3 and 4

As I explained in an earlier post I was recently switched to the CVS (bullshite pr heart) caremark SilverScript New York state retirees drug plan. The second time I used it I was given a generic version of Advair and was charged sixty bucks for it. First off, I didn't know there was a generic version of Advair, the skanky GlaxoSmithKline has successfully kept a generic version off the market since the 1990s thanks to its economic and political power. Second, I was confused and shocked at the cost since it was my first-time getting Advair or Advair equivalent on the new pharmacy drug plan. Third, I was shocked at the less expensive generic was not covered by the formulary of my drug plan but then I realised that drug companies and insurance companies make sweetheart deals with each other.

I appealed the lack of coverage of Advair generic and now, now that I don't need it, of course, the generic version of this asthma medication is covered by CVS (bullshit pr heart) SiverScript. I also requested a refund of $55 dollars since I would only have paid $5 if the generic had been covered by the formulary. I was denied the refund. What made the denial just absurdly perfect, however, was this little question on page three of the denial letter and I quote: "Did you know generic drugs an save you money?" 

Reflect for a moment on the absurdity of this. A drug company that refused to cover a generic drug for my asthma is suggesting that since the generic is cheaper, I should use it. This is emblematic of life in a postmodernist America run by skank vulture capitalists. I thank the winter solstice that I won't have to deal with such a humourless Monty Pythonesque world much longer as I am in the autumn of my life. To paraphrase Father Jack from Father Ted, feck off world.

No comments:

Post a Comment