Thursday 12 October 2023

The TracFone Kiada, The Sequel

Today is very likely the day that I will ever purchase TracFone service again. Half of the time that I have had TracFone service the service has been at best mediocre and often dismal. Back in 2021, for instance, my online account page was malfunctioning. The only way I could get it fixed was to file a complaint with the office of the Attorney General of New York and after about a month the malfunction was fixed by someone at TracFone after a series of emails between the two of us.

Well today, in 2023, the problems with the online account page are back for a return engagement again. According to my account page my unlimited plan with unlimited talk and unlimited text was set to expire in March of 2024. Imagine my surprise, therefore, when I tried to make a call and I got Straight Talk. When I called Straight Talk I was told the online accounts page was wrong and that one of my plans, the unlimited one, had expired and my limited plan would expire in 2024. Why they didn't roll these two into one another is a mystery. well perhaps not a mystery since it increases TracFone profits.

 
So I, stupidly, bought another Tracfone unlimited plan. And, of course, my online accounts page is a disaster again. The wrong email is attached to the account--I am eliminating all Google service--the corporation that is evil--and going with alternatives. And I can no longer get into my accounts page to do anything anymore save spend my time doing the circle game, namely, putting my account information into the accounts page at least three times before I can get to my service information, which now, I am told, expires in 2025 though I have my doubts about the veracity of this information given past experience.

So, as I said, I am likely going to explore alternative phone service when this TracFone plan expires. I will also be contacting the New York AG yet again about the incompetency of this corporation. The TracFone accounts online page has to be in the Crappy Accounts Pages Top Ten list, though that of Empire Blue gives TracFone a run for its money. Sadly, the fact that TracFone has been scarfed up by cartel Verizon hasn't helped it move off that list. Apparently as long as TracFone is around the AG of NYS will not be lonely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment