Tuesday 19 May 2015

Life in the Pissant Swamp: The I Don't Understand League

So school is over but student queries and whinging aren't. Yet. Yesterday I got an email from one of the students in my US History from 1877 to today class. He tells me that he or she did the extra credit option for the class but that he or she didn't receive credit for it. Extra credit, by the way, was due the 30th of April, 20 days ago. You think the student would have noticed earlier.

Anyhoo, I responded to the email the student sent telling him the reason he or she didn't get credit for any extra credit is because there is no extra credit assignment from him in Blackboard that I can grade. In other words, the student appears not to have turned in an extra credit assignment.

This being college the tale doesn't end there, however. The student has written me back now twice asking me why he or she did not receive credit for extra credit. I have twice responded twice that I cannot grade or give credit to work that was not turned in and is not there. But this time I also told him or her something that should be obvious. If he or she thinks he or she turned in extra credit on Blackboard then he or she should contact the IT Department on campus to inquire about it.

I patiently await the next session of the Surreal Life of the Pissant Swamp. If only Paris and Nicole were here to add a bit of sub surreal sophomoric humour into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment