Tuesday 9 October 2012

Beyond the Veil: The Movie

As I read this article I couldn't help but think back on something that happened to me some forty years ago. In the 1970s I spent several days in an unconscious state in Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas, thanks to a lack of and loss of water. As a result of my hospital experiences I can tell you with absolute certainty that hallucinations are real. I know hallucinations are real because I experienced them while I was lying unconscious in my hospital bed in Parkland Hospital. I discovered they were hallucinations when I woke up to discover that I wasn't a foul mouthed version of Hank Entwhistle (Hugh Marlowe), the character who Cary Grant and his band of child "Indians" tied up in Howard Hawks's wonderful 1952 film Monkey Business and that the "kids" I was yelling expletives at were actually nurses who were nursing me back to health. Needless to say I had been a Howard Hawks fan long before I lay unconscious in a hospital bed in Dallas and I had seen Monkey Business several times. And needless to say I was very embarrassed afterwards for raining expletives I could not delete down on those who were simply trying to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment