I have been buying Trader Joe’s body butter for some time now. I have used the Passion Fruit Ultra. I have used the Brasil Nut. I will use the Coconut at some point. And I just started using the Cacay Oil.
I have liked all of the Trader Joe's body butter’s I have used up to now. I don’t like the Cacay, however.
Why don’t I like the Cacay? Well there are two reasons. First, I don’t like the odour of the Cacay which is pretty noticeable. I have asthma and perfumes can cause problems for me. It would have been nice if a warning label that noted the potential dangers for those with respiratory issues. Second, and this is even more of a problem, the Cacay, unlike the other Trader Joe's body butters I have used, did not have the plastic film around the package protecting it from various and sundry human morons. I well remember when these were put on consumer products because of what happened in the seventies, eighties, and nineties when stuff was put in apples and Paracetamol or Tylenol and sundry other products because of the stupid and dangerous things humans do. Instead of the plastic wrap the Cacay had one of those paper and foil covers under the lid which are stamped on the product by a machine.
So, what was the problem here. The problem was that I did not know the cover was under the lid. I assumed that it was just like the others and had the plastic around it that you had to peel off. This, opening the lid and peeling off the cover, was not easy to do after I got out of the tub and was still a bit wet. Nor was it easy to do when I was dryer. The product is large and the lid is not easy to screw off for anyone who does not have hands the size of Wilt Chaberlain. Add to this the fact that the paper and foil cover is not easy to get off and when you try to take it off it tears it into fragments, fragments that are made evem more difficult to get off because the body butter gets all over the fragments and that body butter is, just like butter, slippery.
Anyway, I don’t think that I will be buying the Cacay Body Butter in the future for both of those reasons. I prefer the Passion Fruit Ultra with plastic protection but that disappeared shortly after it was on the shelves. And there you have it, the problem with Trader Joe’s and its amazing they appear and then disappear products and the stupid things that private companies do, namely, put a paper and foil cover on a product that can get messy. All hail the genius of private capitalist bureaucracies.

No comments:
Post a Comment