Friday, 24 July 2026

Buying a CD Player Part Two

 

As some of you know from reading earlier posts I have had problems with CD players over the last several years. The problem is that I live close to a busy road. As a consequence when cars go by my CD players I have used previously either stopped briefly or frozen or turned off on the last track. 

 I have, therefore,  been looking for CD players that do not stop briefly or turn off on the last track. As I noted in an earlier post the best one I had found was the Fiios player. Instead of stopping on the last track it simply briefly stopped when a car or truck went by on the street in front of my apartment. It was not, in other words, perfect. Additionally, one could hear clicks if you were up close to the player particularly when the disc was on its last track.

Well I think I have now found the near perfect CD player. It is the Syitren R300 CD player. I found a review of it while browsing “what is the best portable CD player” on Brave and found in my search that it was the recommended one by the New York Times Wirecutter we tested these items page. After using it for several months I can say that I concur with the Times’s assessment. I hear no clicks. It does not stop of freeze when playing a disc.

I should also mention that it has an optical port so I am using an OREI SPDIF/Coaxial Digital to RCA L/R splitter so I can hook it up to my Bose Acoustic Wave Music System, the bigger one, via the headphone jack and it works fine thorough my Bose system. Praise the New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment